Monday, February 25, 2008

She dropped

The writer of the e-mails that were the subject of my previous post has withdrawn from my class, thank GOD!

Here are the e-mails that led up to the event:

"Is it possible to make up today's bonus quiz? I can do it at any time that you are available."

My reply: "No it is not possible. Please refer to the make up policy in the syllabus on Blackboard."

Her reply: "Since the entire class was unaware of this pop quiz, I feel that I should be able to make it up. The make up policy describes lecutre exams and lab quizzes but doesn't refer to pop quizzes or quizzes that the students are unaware of. Thank you for taking the time to read this."

My reply: "This was a BONUS quiz...not a pop quiz. It was a BONUS quiz to supplement the quiz grades from lab last week (something which I totally did not have to do). The make up policy does specifically mention Other Assignments and Extra Credit:

Other Assignments and Extra Credit:
  • Any missed in-class assignments cannot be made up
  • Any missed extra credit work cannot be made up
  • Extra credit questions on exams cannot be made up
(I don't know where to put the quotation marks)"

And her last reply: "I would like to drop your class but I am unable to doso online. It says Winter '08 is not available for add/drop. Do Ineed a letter/recommendation from you saying that I wish to drop yourclass? If so, who do I give it to?"

No comments: