Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reading Questions

My students have an ongoing assignment this term. While reading the textbook they are supposed to submit responses to the following 10 times throughout the term:
  1. List definitions of unfamiliar words encountered during your reading.
  2. Tell me something you found interesting in your reading.
  3. Tell me something you found confusing in your reading.
  4. Tell me something, from the reading, that you would like to discuss in lecture.

There's also a grading rubric for this. The more thought put into the responses, the higher the grade.

Well, here's a submission I got today. Word-for-word. Nothing added, nothing omitted.

I found the entire reding on enzymes interesting. The for it that is is a work that is passed around like the word and. The book breaks down the true meaning of the work and the workings of enzymes.

WTF? WHAT THE FUCK????

No comments: